Infinity Shift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Infinity Shift

Not all of us are fighting just for fun...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Where, oh where.

Go down 
+3
Febrica
Adreos
Amber Wakefield
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Where, oh where. Empty
PostSubject: Where, oh where.   Where, oh where. EmptySun May 17, 2009 9:11 pm

I looked around and sniffed the air. People. Nothing ominous, nothing special, pretty laid back and mellow. I squared my shoulders, and set forward, Deathika gently tapping the back of my thigh every so often. I looked into the sky, the sun up and bright, lancing rays of light onto my face and hair. I tapped a person or two on their shoulders trying to find some one. I was meant to bring this person to defend the city. I intended to bring him dead, alive, or even partially alive. What ever worked I suppose.

Surprised for the most part, I found a stand out here. Nothing special really, but it had some pretty apples. Nice, big, and red. I bought one, I was pretty hungry for the most part, searching for this person was like looking for a needle in a hay stack. Except he was more lethal then a Needle, even in the hands of a master. A detailed description of his weapon scared mostly every one who never actually got to see it. Apparently, it had a mid to long reach, and if there were any abilities to it, no one spoke of them... Or presumably, lived to tell about them. I wonder if taking off this Euphoric's arms would prevent him from protecting the city... Or he could just prove useful with them. Just take that damned weapon away from him, burn it, break it, throw it into the ocean? That might work...

"Aack!" I shout as some one bumps into me and my hood comes off, sun rays blasting into my eyes. Reflexively, I throw my left arm to cover my eyes, and gently push the person away with my right, pulling my hood back up. I think to myself, I really need to stop wearing hoods in plain day, my eyes might go bad or something. I apologize to the person that bumped into me, and the continue on with my day, searching...

Hoping to find some one who can either hand some information about him, or help me obtain him,

Or even find Vostal himself.
Back to top Go down
Amber Wakefield

Amber Wakefield

Vitals
Shift Type: Alter Shift
Infamy:
Where, oh where. Left_bar_bleue40/50Where, oh where. Empty_bar_bleue  (40/50)
AFFILIATION: Sylus

Where, oh where. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where, oh where.   Where, oh where. EmptySun May 17, 2009 9:40 pm

"gone....." she stood off to the side, her brilliant blue eyes welling with moisture as she faught back the dread pulsing through her very existence. "i couldn't save her..... and now euphoria is lost too. " Her gaze left the ground, scanning the world around her to momentarily take her mind off her own failures right as the man bumped into Epiphany, and as her hood lowered, She recognized something about the creature. something she couldn't place.

" hey you!" she called to the girl, kicking the large scythe blade from it's position under her foot flush with the ground to hook it back at the base of the weapon with a flip of her wrist, putting her weight off of the staff she had been leaning on as it clicked back into position. The crowds of people simply parted on either side of her, as any intelligent humans would upon seeing a psychotic woman with a scythe attempting to move past them.
Back to top Go down

Where, oh where. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where, oh where.   Where, oh where. EmptyMon May 18, 2009 12:37 am

I heard some one rudely acknowledge me. I think simply, ignore this, or play with the toddler.
Play.
So I stop and turn around to look at the person. A blank look on her face. Wonder what crawled up her ass and died.

"Hay is for horses, and last time I checked, Yuu is also a name, which is not mine." I grinned at the play on words. This girl looked unstable, I wondered if that sentence might have been a bit much. I kept my hood covering my eyes and body relatively well. I figured I looked suspicious, but any one who might know something would probably talk to me.

"Compensating for something Miss?" I say simply and kindly, trying to spark up small talk that did not involve a fight.
Back to top Go down
Amber Wakefield

Amber Wakefield

Vitals
Infamy:

Where, oh where. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where, oh where.   Where, oh where. EmptyMon May 18, 2009 1:35 am

She busted out laughing before she even realized what had happened. Stop. That's rude. Her mind fought with her emotions to stop the torrent of laughter at the cloaked figure's expense, finally winning as her smile disappeared, replaced with a look of almost pure hatred.

"you...... something seems familiar about you. My name is amber. and this weapon......was the gift of a creature very dear to me. " Dear. It was ironic how that would could be used to describe things in her life. The more she thought about it, the more she realized, it wasn't apparent to her exactly which person she was speaking of. on one hand it was a reminder of the darkness in her heart. The weapon that could have taken her life so long ago...... When the beast of thirteen sins claimed her very existance as her property. Likewise, The weapon she held..... was hers. She had taken it from dimeni....no. From Anne. There would be no memory of the horible name, at least not with her. It had been Annes.
Back to top Go down

Where, oh where. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where, oh where.   Where, oh where. EmptyMon May 18, 2009 1:49 am

"Very well then, Amber, I am Epiphany." I smiled, pulling down my cloak. It was interesting, that this girl across from me, a moment ago burst out with laughter, and then all of a sudden was absorbed by anger. Something does seem familiar about this girl... Maybe its just her eyes, reminds me of mothers... Or maybe her Soul.

"Your right, something is familiar. I'm just not sure about what. That weapon, do you know any one else that carries one like it?" I state bluntly, getting to the point, wanting to take care of the one that I was assigned and then my assignment being pulled from me.
Back to top Go down
Amber Wakefield

Amber Wakefield

Vitals
Infamy:

Where, oh where. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where, oh where.   Where, oh where. EmptyMon May 18, 2009 2:52 am

"yea. but i don't know much more then that he carries a weapon. i think he was a laur......." She stopped, the look in her eyes dwindling momentarily as her thoughts fought with one another. "euphoric. his name........is.....vostal."

How? How did she know his name? The man with her weapon. oh how she longed to engage him in conversation. to learn where such an odd weapon came from, not that she could really talk. But still, the domia scythe...... She had only seen it once, upon her first entrance into being. And that name..... why the hell did she suddenly know his name? and why did she seek to....... Was he her euphoric? no. her euphoric was..... what was her name?

Lost in contemplation the girl quelled the voices in her head, adressing each piece as one. The girl. She must have, who knows. but her existence was wiped from her memory, and in her place sat the creature she had once feared. fear? no. The demon of chance didn't fear. It must simply be a product of her racing thoughts and unsure emotions mixing together.
Back to top Go down

Where, oh where. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where, oh where.   Where, oh where. EmptyMon May 18, 2009 2:57 am

My eyebrow came up at the mention of Laruae and how she said it, then when Amber began to falter in her stand point, I released my hold on my cloak and put a hand out to help steady her. "What, your memories wiped or something?" I say noting that this has happened before when assignments change. Why hadn't this happened to me yet though I wonder momentarily. Before I let myself think to far, I bring Amber over to a bench to sit upon.

"Take a breather." I say to her noting that she seems to be having a hard time coping with what ever happened.
Back to top Go down
Amber Wakefield

Amber Wakefield

Vitals
Infamy:

Where, oh where. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where, oh where.   Where, oh where. EmptyMon May 18, 2009 3:03 am

"i....thanks" Was she just....being nice? The raven haired goddess took inventory of herself, dismissing each of the fleeting memories in turn, assuming them just to be the dreams of a girl in distress.

"you could say I've been having some issues. And my memory suddenly being tampered with is absolutely NOT helping the minute shreds of sanity i cling to. I'm known as the demon of chance. But they call me a eurial. "
Back to top Go down

Where, oh where. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where, oh where.   Where, oh where. EmptyMon May 18, 2009 7:42 am

"A Eurial... Whats that?" I wonder the specifics. I've got a broad view, but I wonder what one herself can give. I take the chance to observe her awkward response to my kindness. This one is wierd I think to myself, but funny. I wonder how far I can take this, or push her.
Back to top Go down
Amber Wakefield

Amber Wakefield

Vitals
Infamy:

Where, oh where. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where, oh where.   Where, oh where. EmptyMon May 18, 2009 10:29 am

"It's a......." She stopped, allowing the realization of her ignorance flow through her consciousness. "I'm not really sure. i guess its like the side i fight on or something. to be truthful I've not had time to speak with anyone about the rules of this world. so I'm completely clueless."
Back to top Go down

Where, oh where. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where, oh where.   Where, oh where. EmptyMon May 18, 2009 2:41 pm

"Oh, well then in that case, last rumor I heard, Eurial are the defenders of the Euphorics. Not entirely sure, so I figured I'd ask one if I ran into one." I said turning over the concept of some one not being from the city, let alone out of this world. Usually travelers are unheard of out of the city last time I observed.

"Maybe we should go investigate more about the Eurials?" I question quickly, "Maybe some one knows more then we do that is experienced?"
Back to top Go down

Where, oh where. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where, oh where.   Where, oh where. EmptyMon May 18, 2009 4:47 pm

OOO! They'd been talking a lot! A lot! From her place leaning over a vendor stall saying kind things to the young woman tending the shoppers, Felic grinned to herself and kept her ears keen on a conversation she had no part in. Vostal. That was a new name to be heard! She remembered such a man from once before as what was being described but had never once asked his name. He had been callous, bitter, sarcastic, and a little less than polite to her beloved knight. But Elerin had known him. Too well she thought.
"Liddy," she murmured to the young woman with her, "have you seen my beloved?"

Last edited by Elerin on Mon May 18, 2009 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wording)
Back to top Go down
Adreos

Adreos

Vitals
Shift Type: Reality Shift
Infamy:
Where, oh where. Left_bar_bleue0/50Where, oh where. Empty_bar_bleue  (0/50)

Where, oh where. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where, oh where.   Where, oh where. EmptyMon May 18, 2009 5:00 pm

I moved from around the corner seemingly on cue. It was odd how my feet carried me to her even when I had no idea I was being summoned to begin with. Touching her shoulder more as a reminder that I still existed than in response to my name which I'd arrived just in time to hear. "We need to get going," I told her mildly. I flicked my eyes about the allies with paranoia sketching thin lines on my face. "The Auralie isn't too far from here." I searched her face. What had that expression been just now?
Back to top Go down

Where, oh where. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where, oh where.   Where, oh where. EmptyMon May 18, 2009 7:00 pm

I hear chattering, a small and short outburst. Unusual in this place... sorta... Sounds like a girl, but then wait... Where'd it go? I turned around and looked for the voice. "Why do I get the feeling that we've attracted attention to our selves amber?" I said looking around a bit more, my eyes scanning the area for some one that seemed like a bubble head some what like me. I saw no one. Had the year of seclusion driven me mad? I felt a few bubbles of panic rise up, and then quelled them quickly. My target... My target... I screamed in my head as a mantra, and then I calmed quickly. Wait, Targets?

This job was getting to weird.
Back to top Go down
Febrica

Febrica

Vitals
Shift Type:
Infamy:
Where, oh where. Left_bar_bleue43/50Where, oh where. Empty_bar_bleue  (43/50)
AFFILIATION: Human

Where, oh where. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where, oh where.   Where, oh where. EmptyMon May 18, 2009 8:26 pm

Goddamnit! Why the hell was I always stuck babysitting. It hadn't been three hours since we'd lost track of Vostal and already I was starting to wish the damn man had just taken Ill with him. I glanced back at him and rolled my eyes. He was snibbling again. Figures. The guy just couldn't get anything right. I sighed and tugged him past a bitching pair of women, one lunatic chick who clearly thought pink hair was still in style, and a cute guy whose expression at the time said one of two things: "I'm constipated" or "What the fuck?"
"Oh my GOD, Ill," I barked at him while he dragged his ass even slower behind me. "you just don't know what it means to MOVE do you?"
Back to top Go down
Amber Wakefield

Amber Wakefield

Vitals
Infamy:

Where, oh where. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where, oh where.   Where, oh where. EmptyMon May 18, 2009 9:36 pm

Her ears perked as the creature's name floated through the air. "ill........ "Her eyes scanned the area, noticing the girl, and the man she had tried to protect from vostal.....her new euphoric.

"The world seems to be a buzz with people. and of all factions no doubt. " She turned her gaze to the laurae girl dragging her previous protector's sibling, adressing her simply. "hey you. girl. why do u take so little care with such a great gift?"
Back to top Go down
Febrica

Febrica

Vitals
Shift Type:
Infamy:
Where, oh where. Left_bar_bleue43/50Where, oh where. Empty_bar_bleue  (43/50)
AFFILIATION: Human

Where, oh where. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where, oh where.   Where, oh where. EmptyMon May 18, 2009 10:36 pm

Wha--?
I glanced over my shoulder towards the source of a grinding voice and frowned, swinging Ill infront of me and pushing him onward in the event of a mishap. Lucky for me Luna and Eclipse were ready and throbbing at my shoulders. If things got out of hand there was no reason not to test a few of the new harpoon shots on some random people.
"Gift?" my eyes locked with another set in a different color. I could smell arrogance. "You must be Eurial." Figured. Not four blocks from the Auralie and the streets were crawling with these over zealous do-gooders who didn't know what the hell they were talking about. "Keep out of the way, Eurial," I barked and turned away to resume my task. If I got him to the Auralie in one piece it was a chance to recover the barrier in time to keep the Horrors out of Midway and the Inner city.
Back to top Go down

Where, oh where. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where, oh where.   Where, oh where. EmptyMon May 18, 2009 11:43 pm

"Ill..." It registered in my mind. Target on sight, kill. The command rang in my head dully, but when I turned to ignore it, I found my hand going to the hilt of Deathika. "Ill, is that you?" I said questioning, and totally disregarding the PMSing girl. Not giving much of a profile, the record gave a detailed listing about most of the Euphorics, and who is associated with them. My contract had been a weird one that seemed off. I have a goal, Illya and one other under contract, Vostal from personal gain.

((This will change depending on if Amber meant "I'll" Instead of Ill.))
Back to top Go down
Amber Wakefield

Amber Wakefield

Vitals
Infamy:

Where, oh where. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where, oh where.   Where, oh where. EmptyTue May 19, 2009 12:41 am

"you know....i was taught once that a proper young woman should be polite and caring of what others think say or believe. " With a flick of her wrist, the Pitch black blade of her scythe disconnected, dropping directly to the ground with a clang, her leg sliding to step on the metal as she spoke.

"i suppose its good to see i'm not the only one who doesn't follow those teachings. The creature in your hand..... is kin to vostal.....yes?" Kin. Was that the right work? She wasn't sure, but since she had already allowed it to flow from her tongue, she figured it was too late to consider a better synonym.
Back to top Go down
Kassan

Kassan

Vitals
Infamy:
Where, oh where. Left_bar_bleue10/50Where, oh where. Empty_bar_bleue  (10/50)
AFFILIATION: Ritkist

Where, oh where. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where, oh where.   Where, oh where. EmptyTue May 19, 2009 12:48 am

He was uneasy already in this situation. They were going to fight over him again, weren't they? And...somehow in the back of his mind, Ill knew that his sister was dead. Wasn't it enough that people died for the city as it was without everyone trying to kill one another over the people who were sent to die for them in the first place?! He clenched his fists and bowed his head so low his chin almost brushed his chest. Please don't he silently pleaded. He reached out to tug on Sara's shirt hem like a pathetic child reaching out to a mother. "Sara.." Their eyes locked and fear swelled to knot in his throat. "Don't..."
Back to top Go down

Where, oh where. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where, oh where.   Where, oh where. EmptyTue May 19, 2009 1:00 am

I looked over to Amber. Ouch, hate to cut it here I think to myself. A useful ally, easily discarded. What am I turning into?

I pop the numerous latches holding the massive broad sword into place in one smooth motion, and draw Deathika. The Pitch black color of the blade seemed to eat the light in the area, and it always seemed to make those look at it with an eerie feeling. Like it wanted to devour your soul.

"Amber, You're meant to defend them right? By the looks of it, he's going to be donating his power to defend the city again. His innocent life force lost among the many that have lost theirs at the place of power, or in the war to gain their power. I'd say for you to protect him, but that is your choice."

I walked off to the side away from the trio, and observed, placing the tip of Deathika into the ground, waiting for fighting if at all to ensue. If any combat began directed towards Illya, or any outsiders wanted to make their way into the fight, I was more then glad to intercept. Illya is one of my targets...
Back to top Go down
Diemos

Diemos

Vitals
Infamy:

Where, oh where. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where, oh where.   Where, oh where. EmptyTue May 19, 2009 1:25 am

As the Laruae weaved through the masses that filled the street she arrived at a point where the crowd had parted, the people averting from a single man standing in the middle of the walkway. The strange man wore all white, his clothing was riddled with stray buckles and straps that could be recognized as the attire for criminals that were put away; though it was usually much more secure. Diemos peered through the teeth of the opened zipper across his face awaiting for the Euphoirc he felt somehow attached to. As Sara came within range he tensed, his hand raising to pinch the metal tab that secured the fabric over his mouth.
Back to top Go down
Amber Wakefield

Amber Wakefield

Vitals
Infamy:

Where, oh where. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where, oh where.   Where, oh where. EmptyTue May 19, 2009 10:13 am

She flashed the masses a devious smile as she felt the familiar energy signature of her ally. "epiphany, why do you draw your weapon? Do you fear the power of these new comers? trust. My interest in these two is strictly out of respect for the euphoric. ill aided me with information earlier, though i cant remember exactly what it was. "

She ground her heel into the blade beneath her feet, causing a small line to form in the ground where the tip of the scythe sliced easily through the dirt below. "i'm unsure what my purpose is, but I feel i can trust you.....epiphany. My blade will turn to whom ever raises a weapon to you."
Back to top Go down

Where, oh where. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where, oh where.   Where, oh where. EmptyTue May 19, 2009 7:17 pm

Aw they were fighting. She rubbed her eyes and blinked up at Elerin who seemed a little uneasy. She didn't want to tell him that Euphoria was dead. Or that she was depressed and feeling much less than happy as though part of her had been ripped to shreds before her very eyes. Felic looked past his shoulder to the women crowding at his back. She scowled. "Why does everyone always choose Midway to fight their battles among all these innocent people?" she muttered, gently reaching up to push Elerin from her way and gain a good look at the crowd gathering. "Hey," she mumbled, "how fast do you think we can evacuate the square?"
Back to top Go down
Adreos

Adreos

Vitals
Infamy:

Where, oh where. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where, oh where.   Where, oh where. EmptyTue May 19, 2009 7:34 pm

I threw my eyes discreetly in the same range as where her attention was straying and caught sight of the epicenter of her worry. I felt my brows furrow together. It was that lunatic woman from before and another, even less sane-looking individual. Of course they were both female. And...
My mood darkened several shades. "Saralie." Returning my attention to Felimay I said flatly, "If you use the Lullaby it shouldn't matter about moving them." Felimay's weapon Metal Lullaby was a truly powerful thing. It's ability to cast fields of silence and nullify magic, damage, and time was quite useful. Given the situation I couldn't have asked for a partner with a better ability.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Where, oh where. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where, oh where.   Where, oh where. Empty

Back to top Go down

Where, oh where.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Infinity Shift :: Outbounds :: Reminisce-
Jump to: