Infinity Shift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Infinity Shift

Not all of us are fighting just for fun...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Easier Days

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Adreos

Adreos

Vitals
Shift Type: Reality Shift
Infamy:
Easier Days Left_bar_bleue0/50Easier Days Empty_bar_bleue  (0/50)
AFFILIATION: Sylus

Easier Days Empty
PostSubject: Easier Days   Easier Days EmptySun May 10, 2009 10:59 pm

My trip from the shipyard had ben overrun with unfortunate encounters. It seemed like the Horror were growing in number again. I didn't like the sounds of that. Checking in at the front desk to what could've easily been my own extravagant home complete with room service and the smiles of beautiful women, I smirked at the mousy brunette behind the counter and made a point of wishing her a good day before accepting my card key and moving away. Outside the rain had already started up. It rained less since the barrier had been generated. Some took that as a sign of God's reprieve. Really it was a blessing in disguise. The streets in the lower city and Midtown normally flodded with even light rains. Because of the damage sustained by water rot and fungus few places were acceptible homes now. I slicked a hand back through my hair and touched the spiraled blade of my lance where it jutted over my shoulder; the ever-helpful companion who never complained. The days may have seemed easier now, but I knew what lay ahead and made a point to rest here as often as I could while I could.
Back to top Go down

Easier Days Empty
PostSubject: Re: Easier Days   Easier Days EmptyMon May 11, 2009 9:54 am

Already Felic had found her way into her protector's room and made herself comfortable. She was bouncing playful on the corner of the bed when he finally came up to greet her. Grinning her most enchanting smile at the lithe, handsome man sworn to her defense, Felimay chuckled at his distant expression. He was always so distracted! Ever since they'd teamed up that distant look was what she'd come to recognize as his usual expression. So pouty!
Giggling, Felic hopped to her feet and swirled over to jump up to her tip toes and kiss her partner's clean-shaven cheek happily. Elerin was pretty. Almost as pretty as she was and she never could get enough of his earthen, human smell. "How long before we get to reach the inner city?" she asked when he seemed to finally gather his wits about him.
Back to top Go down
Adreos

Adreos

Vitals
Infamy:

Easier Days Empty
PostSubject: Re: Easier Days   Easier Days EmptyMon May 11, 2009 10:09 am

I laughed and hooked a fond arm about the exposed waist of the Euphoric I had in my care. She was something else. Not once had I known her to slack behind though I admit I hadn't been aware that she'd come to the hotel ahead of me...again. Somehow despite my best efforts it seemed as though I would never be able to catch up to Felimay's plans.
"We're going to rest here for the night," I told her patiently. Had she sniffed me again just then? I pushed the streak of surprised curiosity away for a moment and looked down at her. Blinking I reached out to catch a tendril of her now pink hair in the trap of my fingers, smoothing my thumb over the silken strand with the lightest frown etching a thin line between my brows. "Did you...dye this again?"
Back to top Go down

Easier Days Empty
PostSubject: Re: Easier Days   Easier Days EmptyMon May 11, 2009 10:14 am

AW! So sweet! He'd noticed after all! Her smile grew to absolute brilliance and Felic nodded almost blushing at his attention to detail when it came to even small things about her. "I thought it would be nice if I disguised myself for you!" a bit of the light in her expression faded, "Because there are so many people out for us." She had the strength to be harvested now thanks to his tender care and was in more danger than ever. There were a lot of people who knew the value of Euphoric energy now. "If I walk around with my wings extended and my hair a strange color that glows in the light like all the others, we'd stick out like sore thumbs." She hung on his arm looking to him hoping that his praise at her quick thinking would shower her lovingly. She would do anything just for Elerin's praise.
Back to top Go down
Adreos

Adreos

Vitals
Infamy:

Easier Days Empty
PostSubject: Re: Easier Days   Easier Days EmptyMon May 11, 2009 10:22 am

I blinked at her. What was I supposed to say to that? Sighing I released her and began stripping my armor and weapons from my person. The weight that such equipment placed on my back and hips was impressive even after my conditioning. "It does help," I agreed mildly unsure if Euphoric hair was like human hair and would fall out after so many chemicals. This was the fourth color I'd seen on her head in the past month. Black, brown, blonde, now this? My chuckle was a verbal testament to my amusement at least. I rushed my fingers back through my own hair and plucked at the buckles that held my lance at my back. the leather was wearing fast with so much use. Stepping back I swung the massive weapon over my head and set it on its base before me to get a look at the head long enough to evaluate its condition and plot another visit to a smith. "You still haven't told me why you want to reach the Auralie so quickly" I reminded her while caressing a particularly deep etch in the metal.
Back to top Go down

Easier Days Empty
PostSubject: Re: Easier Days   Easier Days EmptyMon May 11, 2009 10:31 am

Her eyes followed his every movement carefully. There was a certainty with which Elerin did everything. That was for sure. She remembered their last battle together even. He'd been so sure even though she knew that he'd been making things up as he went along. Did all humans have that sort of confidence? She wondered. Looking down at herself Felic plucked at the trinkets of metal and glass beads that dangled from her clothing. She'd brought these items in the street markets on her way here. The clothes may have been outstandingly human but they were exotic and lovely. She found that she liked lovely things and humans seemed able to make them well.
At his question she glanced up at his back while he fidgeted with the incredibly large lance he chose as his weapon of choice. How heavy it looked! "I hear her voice," she said simply. "There's another Euphoric somewhere in the inner city who is about to die. I feel like..." Felimay bowed her head in a moment of frustration and hurt. It was such a strong emotion that clouded her heart when she thought about it. "I feel like," she resumed quietly, "If she dies I'll die too."
Back to top Go down
Adreos

Adreos

Vitals
Infamy:

Easier Days Empty
PostSubject: Re: Easier Days   Easier Days EmptyMon May 11, 2009 10:35 am

Bewildered I stated and spun around to look at her. "Felic?" Dropping my lance in utter disregard I rushed to her and knelt before her--a knight showing concern for his master. Searching her expression I touched her cheek using the most gentle of my caresses and attempted to capture her attention. "Felic...Felimay. Look at me." I waited until the hazel sear of her gaze locked with my cerulean. "What's wrong? What are you talking about?"
Back to top Go down

Easier Days Empty
PostSubject: Re: Easier Days   Easier Days EmptyTue May 12, 2009 1:25 am

She smiled down at him. What a silly man she had looking after her. Touching his cheek, Felic sighs softly and leaned in to rest her lips on Elerin's forehead. If she could just protect this one person, she thought, maybe she'd be happy too one day like she'd been reading in the human romance books she'd seen on the market. Elerin was her knight in shining armor. He was soft, and sweet, and valiant. Just this one person. If she could last as a Euphoric just long enough to make him happy there wasn't anything else she'd want in the whole world!
"It's nothing," Felimay sighed as she pulled away and brushed the strands of platinum blonde hair back from his eyes. "Forget I said anything ok?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Easier Days Empty
PostSubject: Re: Easier Days   Easier Days Empty

Back to top Go down

Easier Days
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Infinity Shift :: Outbounds :: Reminisce-
Jump to: