Infinity Shift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Infinity Shift

Not all of us are fighting just for fun...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Inside an old building.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Inside an old building. Empty
PostSubject: Inside an old building.   Inside an old building. EmptyThu May 21, 2009 1:52 am

"Eww," I spout and wave my hand in front of my face coughing as a cloud of dust billowed into my face from opening the door to a shipyard warehouse. Just stepping into this old place, kicked up so much dust. There were paw prints on the floor of tiny rats that were noticeable. This place is not that scary during the day. Seemed intimidating last night scoping it out, though. I wander through the warehouse trying to find the stairs up to the second level.

I come up to a place near the back where stairs used to be... I sigh annoyed and look for another way up. There are some boxes around and such, so I find one that comes about up to my thigh, and push it where the stairs should be. I step up onto it and try reaching for the second level, even on the tips of my toes, but to my dismay the second level had a good ten feet over my head. I drop down onto my heels and sigh. I hop down off of there, and push the box out a little further. I go and stand off to the side and check the distance from the box to the second level. Great, I think I can do this... I'm in pretty decent shape. So I walk to the wall in front of the box and second level entrance. I jog, build up speed for a second or two, then I flat out sprint as fast as I can. I easily step onto the box and leap into the air...

"Uhg!" A gasp of pain slips from my lips as I am winded for my gut landing on the edge of the steel mesh floor. My arms lock into place keeping me balanced and not swaying, then after a moment, I swing my legs up and roll onto the floor. I catch my breath for a moment, then stand. I brush myself off and cough some more. So much dust. I walk down the hall and find a door that says, "Project Director." I walk into it and observe the place. A pretty meek room.

I stop and sit down on a desk that has not been totally destroyed by time and the occasional bandit. I got bored and wandered. Vostal has not shown his grimy face. I can't wait to give him what he deserves... The ex Laruae was going to get it from me... I thought, and unconsciously reached for Deathika.
Back to top Go down
Negumi Shiata

Negumi Shiata

Vitals
Shift Type: Alter Shift
Infamy:
Inside an old building. Left_bar_bleue10/50Inside an old building. Empty_bar_bleue  (10/50)
AFFILIATION: Ritkist

PostSubject: Re: Inside an old building.   Inside an old building. EmptyThu May 21, 2009 7:09 pm

"Oh my," I say from the door. I look at the woman I've heard making such a ruckus in what is rightfully my father's old domain. She is young. Too young to be one of this world. I am bothered because of this and make faint gestures to soothe the dust floating in the air from my breathing space. "You are not supposed to be in here," I tell her mildly, "that is why I demolished the stairway." And yet she made it up still. I was not going to admit it was an impressive feat. "Little bird, little bird, don't you know it is not safe to nest here?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Inside an old building.   Inside an old building. EmptyThu May 21, 2009 11:17 pm

I take my hand off of Deathika as the lady walks in.

"I'm not supposed to be?" My voice raises in pitch near the end of the question, but gets softer as I ponder the lady's statement.

Then with a gentle smile after contemplation, "Well, I could see no warning signs, but I saw people walking in and out at random intervals. Both at night and day. But I got into here, and there were only tiny inhabitant foot prints in all the dust."

I pull a strand of hair away from my eyes and say meekly, "Curiosity killed the cat I suppose... But then again, Satisfaction brought it back."
Back to top Go down
Negumi Shiata

Negumi Shiata

Vitals
Infamy:
Inside an old building. Left_bar_bleue10/50Inside an old building. Empty_bar_bleue  (10/50)

PostSubject: Re: Inside an old building.   Inside an old building. EmptyFri May 22, 2009 3:58 pm

I stare at this person because she reminds me of my own recklessly curious youth. Before I chose the path that I now walk I too had been a spirited adventurer fearlessly braving the places no other dare tread. Father's old office is not a place I like strangers however and do not wish to prolong her stay. "There is more to the warehouse besides this space," I inform her and gesture just outside the door. "It's not safe here for very long. If you intend to leave Nomida before dark you should head for Midway now."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Inside an old building.   Inside an old building. EmptySat May 23, 2009 2:27 am

"What happens after dark? I've only heard rumors and that parts of the Ebon guard are afraid of Nomida at night." I ask curiously. I actually stand and walk slowly to the door. I stop and look at her, seeming naive if anything.

"What other places besides this room are there in this warehouse?" I ask interested.
Back to top Go down
Dayea

Dayea

PostSubject: Re: Inside an old building.   Inside an old building. EmptySat May 23, 2009 5:55 pm

"For starters there's an exit."
Grinning at the stranger near his Negumi he waved at the woman and walked over from his usual perch on the railing guarding the upstairs from the down to rest his chin on Shiata's shoulder. She smelled pretty as usual like vanilla and sorrow. "And there's also the roof, the pit grill, the lower office, and the workshop." He knew this place better than most of the little bugs and rats that had access to its ever crevice even and was proud of it. He looked the newcomer up and down and wondered what in the world might have possessed her to wander onto his turf. It was weird to have someone so skimpily dressed not attract Horrors who seemed to like the smell of female skin over most anything else.
Back to top Go down
Negumi Shiata

Negumi Shiata

Vitals
Infamy:

PostSubject: Re: Inside an old building.   Inside an old building. EmptySat May 23, 2009 6:14 pm

I do not act surprised when a familiar chin suddenly finds rest on my shoulder. Nor do I let it become apparent that I am alarmed that the child now at my back has escaped the confines of Sagmal. I do not hesitate though my mind is screaming alarms at his sudden appearance and reach up to pet the soft, silver mane of the character making himself comfortable in my company. I know him without turning. I know the voice and it frightens and thrills me. Quin has returned to me.
Our conversation must continue casually despite the new developments and I do so effortlessly. "The Horrors feed upon all live and energy in the presence of the area that they occupy," I tell her softly, "Too many emotions for too long often summon the most terrifying of beasts to its hunting ground here at night."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Inside an old building.   Inside an old building. EmptySat May 23, 2009 11:36 pm

"Well, if it is emotions that summons these, Horrors, I've got nothing to worry about then." I state bluntly.

"The exit? Awww, I Just got here, and that would ruin all my fun." I say innocently. So many people randomly popping up... But then again, these two looked close. Maybe I should leave, I wouldn't want them doing anything indecent while I'm here. Two is just fine for things like that, where as three is awkward I think to myself.
Back to top Go down
Dayea

Dayea

PostSubject: Re: Inside an old building.   Inside an old building. EmptyMon May 25, 2009 4:46 pm

Before he can comment further Ori leaks from the walls and collects at his side, the Horror's one, wide, pitch black eye swiveling around to stare blandly at their guest. He frowns and drops to a knee, reaching out to scratch the black aura of the Horror's assumed head fondly. "Heya." He smirks playfully at the woman. "She does look delicious doesn't she?"
Back to top Go down
Negumi Shiata

Negumi Shiata

Vitals
Infamy:

PostSubject: Re: Inside an old building.   Inside an old building. EmptyMon May 25, 2009 8:00 pm

I move away from the Horror at my back now and turn quickly to keep my eyes on the beast. It has always alarmed me how easily Quin befriends the empty shells of the humans and animals that were Nema's test subjects. For the sake of the young woman with us I force distance between us and the Horror and draw my weapon for a failsafe defense. "Quin," his name murmurs past my lips with a sheath of bewilderment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Inside an old building.   Inside an old building. EmptyMon May 25, 2009 8:16 pm

"Quin... Some reason that sounds like a familiar name." I say shrugging the notion. His face was unfamiliar, and any body she knew did not hang out with a horror. I drew Deathika and stayed behind Negumi still. "It would be fun to stay and fight and all... But I do need to get to Midway sometime soon." I state patiently.
Back to top Go down
Vostal

Vostal

Vitals
Infamy:
Inside an old building. Left_bar_bleue0/50Inside an old building. Empty_bar_bleue  (0/50)
AFFILIATION: Sylus

PostSubject: Re: Inside an old building.   Inside an old building. EmptyTue May 26, 2009 7:42 pm

"Midway," he chuckled from the lower level of the warehouse where he had perched himself patiently biding his time following the creature so daringly intent on seeking him out. No strange wonder how she'd come here. He'd been watching her for some time now and it seemed to him that the woman was quit a magnet for trouble. To have found the two most deadly creatures in all Nomida and Faetil was proof of that. "You know that you've got only a few hours left before night, right?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Inside an old building.   Inside an old building. EmptyTue May 26, 2009 10:44 pm

"Well, now I do." I state to the person who had yet moved from the lower level, yet he was speaking loud enough for me to hear. "Well, I like to play things safe every so often, and being caught out here when..." I cut off slowly, as if a memory that should be there wasn't there to provide enough understanding of the situation, but slowly coming into place. "Things of the night come out. I've heard there quite terrifying."

I said looking more intently at Quin, something that was not in place, should have been. "Could you at least move? You seem to be sentient enough, I won't kill you unless I have to."
Back to top Go down
Dayea

Dayea

PostSubject: Re: Inside an old building.   Inside an old building. EmptyWed May 27, 2009 12:06 am

He giggled. Being called sentient was a gleaned perspective on his typical abilities. Rubbing Ori down the back he looked up at the woman. "You could always just jump over the balcony." Not looking down he raised a hand over his head and waved at the guest he hadn't seen yet. "YOU'LL CATCH HER RIGHT?!" Quin shared a smile with the woman. "He'll catch you."
Of course he wasn't quite sure if that was a lie or not.
Back to top Go down
Vostal

Vostal

Vitals
Infamy:
Inside an old building. Left_bar_bleue0/50Inside an old building. Empty_bar_bleue  (0/50)

PostSubject: Re: Inside an old building.   Inside an old building. EmptyFri May 29, 2009 8:30 am

Vostal held out his arms with a wide grin and smirked. "Yeah, yeah. Jump." He was a man of his good word despite common perception and agreed to catching the woman. Though after eying her he wasn't sure how much momentum the girl would generate let alone whether or not he'd be able to really hold her that long. Also there was this whole deal about her hunting him for the past two weeks. He'd tracked her movements after all. His smirk turn a little mocking. "What's the worse that could happen?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Inside an old building.   Inside an old building. EmptyFri May 29, 2009 11:55 am

For some reason, listening to Quin sounded right. Like I knew him from some where, but I can't remember where... "Why do you seem so familar, have I threatened you before?" I say somewhat stalling. Its only been about ten minutes, and it will take far longer then that before it gets dark.

But even asking the question, I begin to move towards the balcony from his simple suggestion. I don't want to fight him, but why?
Back to top Go down
Dayea

Dayea

PostSubject: Re: Inside an old building.   Inside an old building. EmptyFri May 29, 2009 9:41 pm

Quin does all he can not to look back at the woman. He's afraid to wonder if his spell is thinning out. From what she saw in the labyrinth, there's a good chance that one human girl could expose him for what he his. The runt isn't so sure he wants to risk that. Upon hearing her question he shifts his weight a little uncomfortably and keeps his eyes on Ori. "You've got a pretty impressive imagination there, miss," he murmurs a little hurt to be keeping up the charade.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Inside an old building.   Inside an old building. EmptyFri May 29, 2009 11:19 pm

I eye the dog too, folowing his glance. He really loves... That grafted mut. A look of discust crawls over my face as a few things of realization snapped back into position. Quin, a good friend. But what the hell, he's trying to cover something up in front of these. My eyes go wide after a moment and I start backing up, genuinly afraid.

I turn and make for the balcony at full tilt, coming close to leaving an after image. Whether this bastard can catch me or not, Either his body will stop me and be a cushion, or I can roll it off. I'll probably be limping for a little bit... But ohh well.

"Catch!"
Back to top Go down
Vostal

Vostal

Vitals
Infamy:

PostSubject: Re: Inside an old building.   Inside an old building. EmptyFri May 29, 2009 11:26 pm

Just his luck!
Grinning Black lifted his hands and easily hefted the mass of the woman's weight. He smirked and held her in his arms within a steel embrace using his obvious pull of strength over hers to his advantage and offering no escape. "It's raining women." Without saying another damn thing to Negumi or the little brat in her company he turned heel and began walking off not expressing his intentions to the others. Good. That was one of his targets secured. He really didn't think it would work. Pinning her arms to her side and keeping an unbreakable grip on the considerably weaker woman in his hold Vostal stalked off out of the warehouse.
"Bad luck, yeah? Just wait until we get to Midway." He didn't glance down at her. "If you don't fuss, I won't kill you. So be a good little girl and sit tight."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Inside an old building.   Inside an old building. EmptyFri May 29, 2009 11:34 pm

"You wish it was raining women that were attracted to you." I say without complaining to the tight grip. Shit shit shit... Ori! I think to myself as loud as possible, or Quin? Some one please be keeping an eye on this bastard.... Or at least give me an opening enough to run his heart through. I try and make it noticable I do not want to be in his arms with death glares and snorting at any of his retarded remarks.
Back to top Go down
Dayea

Dayea

PostSubject: Re: Inside an old building.   Inside an old building. EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 9:04 am

The runt observes the entire episode from the upper floor and without really expressing his thoughts on the matter nods to the Horror in his company dismissing the creature for his own means. A smile flicking across his face Quin bowed to Negumi and followed Epiphany over the edge of the railing, stuffing his hands away into his pockets and heading back out into the soft daylight of Nomida. "I'm going to go explore kay?" With nothing else left to say he leaves the scene.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inside an old building.   Inside an old building. Empty

Back to top Go down

Inside an old building.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Infinity Shift :: Outbounds :: Reminisce-
Jump to: