Infinity Shift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Infinity Shift

Not all of us are fighting just for fun...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Truth, Lies, and Enemies

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Adreos

Adreos

Vitals
Shift Type: Reality Shift
Infamy:
Truth, Lies, and Enemies Left_bar_bleue0/50Truth, Lies, and Enemies Empty_bar_bleue  (0/50)
AFFILIATION: Sylus

Truth, Lies, and Enemies Empty
PostSubject: Truth, Lies, and Enemies   Truth, Lies, and Enemies EmptyMon May 18, 2009 5:12 pm

"VOSTAL!"
I slammed Holy into the wall beside the other man and bared my teeth as I kicked up the rubble that was being rapidly generated by our ongoing fight. It was his fault! Since the very beginning, everything that I had sworn to protect had been stolen from under my nose by...
"What are you doing?!" The fury that swarmed over my every sense was a catalyst to the vigor and brutality of every attack I flew towards the monster. A light dusting a sweat drizzled across my brow and I was reminded of the effort it took to face this enemy.
An enemy...

Last edited by Elerin on Mon May 18, 2009 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vostal

Vostal

Vitals
Shift Type: Alter Shift
Infamy:
Truth, Lies, and Enemies Left_bar_bleue0/50Truth, Lies, and Enemies Empty_bar_bleue  (0/50)

PostSubject: Re: Truth, Lies, and Enemies   Truth, Lies, and Enemies EmptyMon May 18, 2009 5:46 pm

He clicked his tongue and reached out to mockingly tap the blade jammed into a platform wall beside him. "Ow, was that meant for me?"
His smile darkened a few shades and there was a cruel glint to the gold of his eyes. This had been happening for a while now. This wasn't the first time they'd clashed. Vostal wasn't dense enough to think that it would be the last either. Refusing to draw Grimm against this man, the Euphoric stepped away and leaned against the cracking wall and bowed his head, long strands of his night black hair clouding about his face. "Elle," he sighed. "Don't make me your enemy." He targeted the man with a wayward stare, the blaze of his yellow attention marking the man before him with a seal of regret. "Elle..."
Back to top Go down
Adreos

Adreos

Vitals
Infamy:

PostSubject: Re: Truth, Lies, and Enemies   Truth, Lies, and Enemies EmptyMon May 18, 2009 6:08 pm

He'd changed. This was not the same person I'd met once upon a time. Knowing that was more harmful than any blow. Because I knew what he had been, this change in him was dramatic, severe. Moisture swelled in my eyes and blurred my vision. I was alone now. Everything that I had fought to defend had been destroyed by the one person I had never suspected. But even while my name murmured past his lips, I was ready to kill him for his sins.
"Think about what you're doing!" I screamed, "This can't be what you imagined!"
I want a world that becomes beautiful even over time.
Before I knew what I was doing I'd forced Holy from the wall and was whipping the spiraled tip towards his throat furiously. "You'd be just like her!"
Back to top Go down
Vostal

Vostal

Vitals
Infamy:

PostSubject: Re: Truth, Lies, and Enemies   Truth, Lies, and Enemies EmptyMon May 18, 2009 6:16 pm

He dropped his head once more and hid his face from immediate sight as a murmur of laughter bubbled up his throat at the accusation. Putting to use his new wings Vostal evaded the pathetic strike against him and touched his feet on the shaft of the Lance he'd crafted with his own two hands and blessed upon an old friend. Keeping his balance he pocketed his hands and tilted his head, staring at the Eurial down the straight bridge of his nose.
"Like who?" he snapped, "like Nema?!" The fresh white of his teeth glittered in a vicious bare. "Or are we now just to know her as the woman you killed simply because you didn't agree with her ideals for the future?!" A boil of anger was beginning to eat away at the already dwindling thread that kept his sanity in check. Vostal was well aware of their history together; of the pride that had destroyed the one thing he'd chosen to love in the grueling process of life. "Everything that I had you seemed to desire yourself," his cool whisper issued between them. "When I chose to love Nema you took her life and used her to fertilize the decaying little world you thought was worth protecting." He sniffed sharply at the memory of the screams that had howled through the air that day and snapped his head away grinding his teeth. "Now all that is left to mark her tomb is a garden that reeks of her blood and shines with her sapped vitality. I've never known such cruelty."
Back to top Go down
Adreos

Adreos

Vitals
Infamy:

PostSubject: Re: Truth, Lies, and Enemies   Truth, Lies, and Enemies EmptyMon May 18, 2009 6:21 pm

"Nema was a monster!" I snarled. I put the full of my violence into slinging him from his perch atop Holy and plunged the head of the lance into the ground so he couldn't attempt the same trick a second time. "If we'd left her to her own methods the state of Nomida would have spread to the whole of the world! There would be nothing left!" Why didn't he understand?! Why couldn't he accept the truth?!
Why couldn't I bring myself to kill him?
And now...looking at what he'd reduced himself to... "Why are you choosing that side?!"
Back to top Go down
Vostal

Vostal

Vitals
Infamy:

PostSubject: Re: Truth, Lies, and Enemies   Truth, Lies, and Enemies EmptyMon May 18, 2009 6:29 pm

He spread his arms for the man in a gesture of mock innocence. "What other side should I stand on?" he challenged. "Yours?"
The giggle that flushed from his mouth was quite charmingly ludicrous. "Come, now you're just being simple, yeah?"
Vostal wiped the corner of his mouth with a fist and leaped from the lance being swept from under him to the platform itself. He fixed his butt to the crackling marble and brought a knee up under his chin thoughtfully looking down at the human. "I've watched to grow away from me," he sighed. "First you chose to join the Ebon Guard. Then you became a Eurial to protect the things that spawned from Nema's grave." Flicking a few threads of hair from his eyes, Black smirked a lopsided expression of fake humor and licked the cut their little tussle had left on his lips. "You're a hard person to keep tabs on."
Back to top Go down
Adreos

Adreos

Vitals
Infamy:

PostSubject: Re: Truth, Lies, and Enemies   Truth, Lies, and Enemies EmptyMon May 18, 2009 6:40 pm

Nema.
Euphoric.
The Angel's Crest.
"Just how many people know the truth?" Even though I hadn't meant to ask aloud, the words resounded. It was cruel--the fate we'd been dealt. Nema had once held my friend's heart. She had been enchanting, beautiful, powerful. But her idea of perfection had consumed out world. I remembered her plans.
"If humans cannot be perfect for me, make new ones.
As though it were that simple.
As though the world dangled on threads that hung from her fingertips. And yet..
"What Nema accomplished was an atrocity," I breathed. The memory was vivid. She had begun with only a small selection of the world--Nomida. And what had occurred there...
Back to top Go down
Negumi Shiata

Negumi Shiata

Vitals
Infamy:
Truth, Lies, and Enemies Left_bar_bleue10/50Truth, Lies, and Enemies Empty_bar_bleue  (10/50)
AFFILIATION: Ritkist

PostSubject: Re: Truth, Lies, and Enemies   Truth, Lies, and Enemies EmptyTue May 19, 2009 1:04 am

I overhear them. They're being loud again and it inturrupts my reading. From the center of the crest the fight that wages between the friends is dangerously close to my position. I blink up at the cerulean sky and its gently shifting clouds and wonder how much longer they'll do this. Just as I love Nema, I love them.
Elle--Elerin. He's a foolish man who wears his heart on his sleeve and never lets chivalry die. Because of him we, Nema, Vostal, and I are better people somehow. It says a lot compared to what we used to be.
Vostal. I can't call him foolish. I can't say that I understand him either. But I know his pain. To lose her kills him. He's furious and responds like a man who has lost the epicenter of his world. I can expect that of him.
I just wonder if I can forgive it.
Their fight is not for me to watch and I choose to leave the area. I don't want to see them suffering anymore. To turn a blind eye...it's best.

For now.
Back to top Go down
Vostal

Vostal

Vitals
Infamy:

PostSubject: Re: Truth, Lies, and Enemies   Truth, Lies, and Enemies EmptyMon May 25, 2009 7:11 pm

Vostal shrugs and looks away from the man. "One day you'll realize that what was created is really the perfection of the world that mankind marred up. There's such beauty and genuine love in what Nema did here." He words seem unrealistic even to him. They are the artificial manipulation of his own blinded thoughts and for a long moment Black is unnerved. Is he losing his mind? Possessed? What...where did such thoughts come from?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Truth, Lies, and Enemies   Truth, Lies, and Enemies Empty

Back to top Go down

Truth, Lies, and Enemies
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Infinity Shift :: Outbounds :: Reminisce-
Jump to: