Infinity Shift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Infinity Shift

Not all of us are fighting just for fun...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sara's Book of Memories

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Febrica

Febrica

Vitals
Shift Type:
Infamy:
Sara's Book of Memories Left_bar_bleue43/50Sara's Book of Memories Empty_bar_bleue  (43/50)
AFFILIATION: Human

Sara's Book of Memories Empty
PostSubject: Sara''s Book of Memories   Sara's Book of Memories EmptyTue May 12, 2009 6:39 pm

Euphorics.
Mother had once told me while looking out the window down onto the streets of the city where thousands had gathered to see the first Euphoric that had come to Faetil...
"She is beautiful, isn't she?"
I had nodded because it was the truth. The Euphoric that was being ushered towards the Grande Auralie was a woman so lovely it hurt to look at her. With grand, flowing red wings and hair almost as bright as the rubies sold on the market.
Mother had said almost wistfully...
"To be what she is must be terrible."
I remember asking why.
She'd had such a sad smile on her face then while she said...
"Because, Sara. She is different from us. You see it every time you look at her. There are people who will want to do terrible things to be what she is and they will likely hurt her in their attempts."
I had wondered aloud if they would kill this lovely thing that had fallen to our world.
Mother had looked at me with an expression I would never again see. She'd asked a strange question then...
"Will you be one of the people to hurt beautiful things like her?"
I had shaken my head then, violently protesting. I had told her that I would defend them! They were so pretty, I'd thought. I wanted to make mother happy and protect them from all of the harm that would come their way. It had crossed my mind then in my young, naive age that something as beautiful as a Euphoric couldn't possibly deserve bad treatment.

...And then the Horrors fell through the crest with them...

And suddenly my childhood promise to mother became a lie.
Back to top Go down
Febrica

Febrica

Vitals
Shift Type:
Infamy:
Sara's Book of Memories Left_bar_bleue43/50Sara's Book of Memories Empty_bar_bleue  (43/50)
AFFILIATION: Human

PostSubject: Lullaby of the Dead   Sara's Book of Memories EmptyWed May 20, 2009 1:33 pm

Once, just once. I heard a song. It was gentle and the melody so light and fleeting as if the tune were a lullaby. I remember it so clearly. I hear it sometimes. And when I am alone I find myself humming it as though it were my song.
My lullaby...

"In the distance somewhere over the screams
you hear it softly
children's dreams
somewhere so near it hurts to be heard
you know of the bloodshed that now taints the world
are you lost?
are you lost?
are you lonely infact?
with eyes filled with tears
and blood on your back?
are you lost?
are you lost?
little angel so dear?
would you cover your eyes?
will you cover your ears?
Somehow in the dark you're the light of the world
such a tender remembrance of things left unheard
can you see them--all the shadows
that cling to your wake
they are lost souls
and bitter dreams
and things that will break.
does it hurt you to wonder what just may come next?
are you frightened and bitter?
will you slash your thin neck?
If it hurts you
if it pains you
just cover your eyes
think not little angel
fill your head with sweet lies."

That day of memory when I opened my eyes to see the owner of that weird, sickeningly sweet tune was the day fire licked Nomida in a vicious blaze. It was the day screams shrieked through the dark.
She sat--the owner of this melodic and sad voice, singing to a corpse draped over her arms. Her hair had been ravaged and tangled in filth and blood. Great tufts of her marvelous wings were missing in black holes and fringed ends of red soaked feathers. She rocked back and forth on her heels humming her tune, her lullaby. I had drawn close enough to touch before she realized I existed and quickly looked up. A red finger trail replaced the stream of what would have been her tears. I can't forget the expression of surprise on her face. As if to say "I didn't know...you were still alive" I had turned my eyes to the body in her hands then. My scream had been louder even than the yells of the dying.
The woman dropped my mother's corpse and my feet and backed into the blaze.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sara's Book of Memories   Sara's Book of Memories EmptyFri May 22, 2009 8:30 pm

0.0 You remembered the lullaby?! :O NO WONDER YOU WANT ME DEAD! T_T You've got the wrong girl i swear! well...sortta...ok not really but still!
Back to top Go down
Dayea

Dayea

PostSubject: ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST   Sara's Book of Memories EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 10:14 am

Quote :
Quin sighed. "People respond better when you're not so pushy," he grumbled while suddenly rising to his feet to stretch. "Besides if you're going to gang up on kids it sorta makes me wonder just how bored you are in your life that you'd wnat to pick on someone much smaller and weaker than yourself." He fumbled with a safety pin attacked to the hem of his jacket nonchalantly. "It's not..." whirling around Quin ripped the pin from its hold on the material and pushed a flicker of his element into the small item flicking it at the woman's throat murderously (12) "Polite!"

Sorry sorry miss but you should learn to be more polite. Feel free to post a dying remark and better luck in your next life.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sara's Book of Memories   Sara's Book of Memories Empty

Back to top Go down

Sara's Book of Memories
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Infinity Shift :: Outbounds :: Reminisce-
Jump to: